Friday 20 January 2023

January 20, 1992: I started reading Jack Kerouac's On the Road


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I left home at 7:30 and went to Lawrence and Royal York to work at Humber Heights Centre. I got paid in cash, which was an unexpected surprise. I called Nancy but couldn't get through after several tries. I waited for her until 13:15 at Bay Subway Station and then headed for the train. She came running down the stairs at the last minute. My daughter was just about to fall asleep when she gave her to me. I took her home and she slept for about five hours. I cleaned up some of her mess from yesterday and then went out looking for a Herman Hesse book. I didn't find one and so I started reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac. I took a nap beside my daughter until she woke up. We played, danced and splashed until 21:45 and then I finally got her ready to catch the bus up to Warden Station. Nancy didn't show up until 23:00 so I was a bit pissed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment