Monday 2 January 2023

January 2, 1993: I thought I was building towards something and the breakthrough would be in 1993


Thirty years ago today 

            On Saturday I was totally broke and scavenging the fridge for whatever was edible. Although the place was clean, I'd been going through the cupboards to spray for cockroaches and I'd killed quite a few. I decided that my New Years resolution would be to seriously diminish my newspaper collection. I started going through them and taking out the classified and the sports sections to throw away. That cut them by more than a third. I watched TV. I felt like such a loser sometimes because I had no money but I thought also that I was working and building towards something and that the breakthrough would be in 1993. I didn't have any worldly interests until I was thirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment