Tuesday 17 January 2023

January 17, 1993: I went to pick up my daughter but her grandparents had snuck her off to church


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday I went to pick up my daughter from Nancy. She wasn't there when I arrived because her grandparents had snuck her off to church. They returned fifteen minutes after I go there. I waited for at least another 45 minutes for Nancy to get her ready. We took the Steeles bus so I could use my transfer from the Warden bus and get back on the subway without paying again. After we got home we went out with the toboggan but didn't make it to the sliding hill. We played in the playground and my feet got soaked. She went to sleep at around 16:15 and slept until her mother came to get her at 23:30. Nancy had gone to a movie using my Festival discount card. I reminded myself to ask for it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment