Monday 23 January 2023

January 23, 1993: I was taking a shower after midnight when my daughter banged on the door because she wanted to play in the tub


Thirty years ago today

             On Saturday we were in the emergency ward until 3:00 and it had been a waste of time. I could see that my daughter's hand was all right after getting stuck in the subway door. She was moving it freely and so we decided finally not to get it x-rayed. Nancy took her home. 
            In the early afternoon I picked up my daughter at Nancy's place and since my busfare was limited I transferred to the Steeles bus to take her back to my place. The round trip from when I left home was four or five hours. She didn't go to sleep until around 19:30 and so I thought she was going to stay down for the rest of the night. But when I was taking a shower at 1:30 on Sunday she yelled and banged on the bathroom door because she wanted to play with me in the tub. After that she finally went back to sleep at around 3:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment