Tuesday 3 January 2023

Sharon Farrell


            On Monday morning I finished working out the chords for the intro of "J'ai pas d'regret" (I've No Regrets) by Boris Vian. 
            I memorized the second verse of "Entre autre, pas en traître" (I Took You for Other than a Traitor) by Serge Gainsbourg, and worked on revising my translation. 
            I weighed 85.8 kilos before breakfast, which is the heaviest I've been in quite a while.
            In the late morning I gathered up two years' worth of beer cans, filling two and a half garbage bags. I put those in three large President's Choice shopping bags and took them on my bike up to the Beer Store at Dufferin Mall. Each of their plastic bins holds 24 cans standing, and so I was counting them out so each bin would have 24. One of the professional can and bottle scavengers who was there sorting her stuff told me that I didn't need to be so neat. She said if I just dump the cans in the bin it would make 40. I doubted if it could be that exact and opted to keep counting. I had a total of 182 cans and got $18.20 for them. 
            Then I went into the Dufferin Mall to see if Walmart had gotten any sleeveless black undershirts yet. All they had were t-shirts but I noticed they had long underwear pants in black and so I got a pair of those for $17. I walked to Marks Work Warehouse to see if they had any tank shirts but they still didn't either. I was worried that the long underwear in extra large would be too big but when I tried them on later they fit fine. They might be nice to wear for yoga. 
            I weighed 84.9 kilos before lunch at 13:30. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and back. At Avenue Road a family that looked like they were from Latin America were crossing the road in front of me. There was a man in front who looked like the father, followed by two boys and a woman who looked like the mother. Walking slowly behind was a young woman who I assumed was the daughter. She gave me a seductive smile as she looked me up and down. It's been a long time since a woman undressed me with her eyes. 
            I weighed 84.6 kilos at 17:15. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:15. 
            I worked some more on updating my old Christian's Translations blog posts and I was up to July 6, 2016 before dinner. 
            I had a potato with gravy and the last of my roast beef while watching season 3, episodes 15 and 16 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            In the first story Jethro is in love with a movie star named Kitty Divine. Her pictures are plastered all over his bedroom, he goes to her movies every night, and twice every day he's at the studio gate to greet her when she comes and goes to ask her to marry him. She's bought a German shepherd to protect herself from him and finally she tells it to attack. Jethro wants to kill himself now but Jed says he'll help him meet Kitty, and Granny says she'll fix him a love charm. 
            Meanwhile Kitty is trying to break out of the surf movies that she is stuck doing and land more serious parts. She bugs her manager to get in touch with the owner of the studio. Later he finds out and tells Kitty that the boy she's been chasing away is Mr. Clampett's nephew. After he tells Kitty she throws herself at Jethro. They go back to the Clampett mansion and she starts chasing Jed. When Kitty's manager comes to look for Kitty he meets Elly May and wants to be her manager. 
            Kitty was played by Sharon Farrell, who started out as a ballet dancer and began entering beauty contests. Her first movie was "Kiss Her Goodbye" in 1959. She had affairs with Steve McQueen and Bruce Lee. She had supporting roles in films but worked more successfully in television. She co-starred in the series "Saints and Sinners", and "Hawaii Five-0". She co-starred in the movies "It's Alive", "Out of the Blue", "The Reivers", and "The Stunt Man". She was in the cast of The Young and the Restless from 1991-1996. She was married six times. 
            In the second story Elly May is going to start work at Mammoth Studios. She meets movie star Dash Riprock and he thinks she's just an extra. She coaches her in how to say "prune" and pucker her lips so he can kiss her. She likes it. Then his manager tells him he has to get rid of that girl because he has to shoot a movie with the owner's daughter, Elly May Clampett. Dash tells Elly to meet him by the gate. At the gate, Jane Hathaway picks up Elly and takes her to her dressing room. Dash is told to go and get acquainted with Elly and he knocks on her dressing room door. When Jane answers he thinks that she is Elly and decides he doesn't want to do the movie. Drysdale tells Dash that he'd better start being nice to Elly and so he gives in and starts flirting with Jane. When Elly finds out that Dash is going out with Jane she feels rejected and hurt. 




            


           
           I searched for bedbugs and skewered one in a small hole about halfway down the left side of the frame of the old exit door at the head of my bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment