Wednesday 18 January 2023

January 18, 1993: I showed the new model what to do and created poses in which we were both interacting


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday morning I was about five minutes late for work at the Heliconian Club. When I got there I recognized that I'd posed there years before. They'd accidentally double booked and so there was another model there who had never done this kind of work before. I showed him what to do and created poses in which we were both interacting such as shaking hands or exchanging a watch for money. I finished work at 15:00 and went to a pay phone to make a call to an M. McGramen in Miami. I heard Marie's voice on her answering machine and left a message with my address. I was sure she would be very surprised that I'd found her. I felt it would be a waste of $3 to go home and then come back downtown for work at 18:30, and so I stuck around. I walked down to Simply Delicious on Queen where I bought a coffee and worked on astrological charts until it was time to go to work. I posed from 18:30 to 21:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment