Friday 6 January 2023

January 6, 1993: I asked my daughter if she wanted to kiss Mike. Mike said I shouldn't manipulate her that way


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday morning I bought a coffee on my way to work even though I couldn't afford it. I worked a full day and then went over to Nancy's place to get the $55 she said she would lend me. She asked me to take our daughter overnight. She was asleep before we left and Nancy had to wake her. When we got home I tried to feed her some chicken cutlets but she wasn't interested. I almost had her asleep at around 22:00 when Mike Copping came over, but there was no sense trying after that because she was all over him. We went out for a walk because I had to deposit the money in my chequing account. When we got back I still couldn't get her to sleep. At one point I put her near Mike and asked her if she wanted to kiss him. Mike and I had a whole argument over that and he was saying that I shouldn't manipulate the child that way. The discussion continued long after I'd finally got my daughter to bed. I saw Mike's point but I thought it was a small one.

No comments:

Post a Comment