Saturday 28 January 2023

January 28, 1993: When I paid with $1.50 in nickels and dimes the streetcar driver gave me a dirty look


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I got up after 11:00 and tried to bake some millet. I mixed some other stuff in that also looked like millet but it turned out extremely bitter and so I had to throw it out and eat more old Halloween candy for breakfast. I finished a black and white collage and cleaned up a bit. There was still no mail from Marie. I decided that I was going to try to call her next week to find out if she got my message. I left my place and cashed in a large Pepsi bottle so I could go to a payphone and call Mike Copping at work. He said he would meet me downtown at Dominos after I finished work that night. I dropped less than $1.50 in nickels and dimes in the streetcar box and the driver gave me a dirty look. I posed until 18:00 at George Brown College and then walked to the Ontario College of Art where I wrote this while waiting to continue the reclining pose that I'd started the week before and to sleep. There was a real grapefruit as a prop on the stage and I got to eat it when I was finished. I met Mike and we went for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment