Tuesday 31 January 2023

January 31, 1993: My daughter tossed snow with her little shovel while we waited for the bus


Thirty years ago today  

            On Sunday I got up at 8:30. Nancy's mother brought my daughter down to me at around 11:00. Nancy hadn't sent her boots, which was a shame because of all the snow outside. We played and danced inside and played in the bathtub. She went to sleep at about 14:15 and got up at almost 18:00. We played a net game with marbles. I'd pick them up off the floor with a spatula and try to drop them into a coffee scoop that she was holding. It was challenging for me and fun for her. I bought her some soy milk. When I got her ready to go out to meet her mother she insisted on bringing her broom and shovel. She shoveled snow during the twenty minutes that we waited for the bus. Nancy met us at the stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment