Wednesday 11 January 2023

January 11, 1993: I was told my phone would be cut off tomorrow if I didn't pay the full bill today


Thirty years ago today 

            On Monday I got up around 10:30. I tried to contact the phone company but couldn't get through until 12:30. Bill said my phone would be cut off on Tuesday unless I could pay the full amount by 17:30 today, so it looked like I would be without a phone for a while. I would try to pay it off as soon as I could because I needed it for work, but this was very frustrating. The next amount of money that I would be getting would be next Monday. I didn't think I would be paid for this week at the Ontario College of Art until the end of the month but I would check with Connie on that. I shaved and showered, then had a couple of eggs with bread and coffee. 
            I wrote this on my way to work just as the train was pulling out of Greenwood Station. 
            I went home briefly after work and left at 18:00 for the Stewart Building but got there only to find that the course was canceled. I would be paid anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment