Thursday 26 January 2023

January 26, 1993: I ate leftover Halloween candy


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I woke up at around 10:45, got ready for work and left at 11:00. I wrote this while sitting in the drawing studio at George Brown College and waiting for class to start. There was a teacher there this time, whereas yesterday I posed without one. I did the same length of poses as the day before, for two classes until 18:00. I walked to Yonge and Queen to sneak onto the eastbound streetcar and go home. I scrounged in my fridge for the dregs of food that were there, like leftover turnip from the weekend baby food, and spaghetti. I ate Halloween candy. I tried to make fudge with cocoa, coconut, honey, water, and corn flax. I ate corn flax by itself. I watched TV and went through old Now Magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment