Saturday 7 January 2023

January 7, 1992: I thought I might have to pawn my camera to save my phone from being cut off


Thirty years ago today 

             On Thursday morning I got up at around 11:00 and my daughter followed a few minutes later. I made oatmeal with cinnamon. The phone company called and told me that I had to pay my bill by Monday or my service would be cut off on Tuesday. While I was getting my daughter ready to take to her mother, Nancy called to tell me that I had to leave right away. I had to pass her to Nancy over the turnstiles at the subway station between 12:30 and 12:45. I went for a coffee and found out that I didn't win the lottery. During work I realized that I might have to pawn my camera to pay the phone bill. When I got home I ate the dregs of my fridge: sunflower seeds, the rest of the oatmeal, and the remainder of the cream. I thought maybe I could sell some of the stuff that my ex-girlfriend Brenda brought me from Saudi Arabia. I polished some of it up before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment