Thursday 2 March 2023

James Millhollin


            On Wednesday morning I worked out the chords for the first two lines of "Fugue" by Boris Vian. 
           
            I also worked out the chords for the chorus and the first three verses of "Love On the Beat" by Serge Gainsbourg. I night have all the chords placed tomorrow. 
            I weighed 84.4 kilos before breakfast. 
            I spent about an hour polishing my Frankenstein presentation for next Tuesday. 
            I weighed 85 kilos before lunch. I had saltines with peanut butter and a glass of limeade. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride to Bloor and Bathurst. The way was a lot clearer than yesterday and it was warmer so I didn't wear my Kodiaks or long underwear. 
            I weighed 84.6 kilos at 17:00, which is the most I've weighed at that time in eight days. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:16. 
            I read through my presentation a couple of times and made some small changes. 
            I read a bit of Peter Pan. I made it to page 36. I'd forgotten what a good writer J.M. Barrie was. 
            I made chili with a can of lima beans, Basilica sauce, and salsa. I had it with a toasted slice of Bavarian sandwich bread and a glass of limeade while watching season 5, episode 15 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            It's Christmas time and Granny is depressed. Jed cheers her up with the idea of picking one person to give a special present to and he picks Margaret Drysdale. What Margaret really wants is to get rid of the Clampetts. While they are trying to decide what to give her, Jethro gets a call from Mr. Drysdale. He wants Jethro to drive some of Margaret's things to Brentwood to sell in a rummage sale. She is donating several things she doesn't want to help out underprivileged families who make less than $25,000 a year, which would be a quarter of a million now. But the Clampetts think she's selling her most prized possessions because she's broke. They decide to buy it all back for her but they don't want to take the money from Drysdale's bank because they want it to be a surprise. Jethro gets them all jobs as Christmas help in a department store. Jethro is Santa and Elly is his elf. Jethro impresses the parents with his ability to get into the mind of seven year olds and think on their level. Jed and Granny are working at sales counters. Granny is selling lingerie and sees Margaret looking at a nightie. But when she sees Granny she is upset and puts it on the counter. Granny thinks she is embarrassed because she's poor and so she stuffs the negligee in Margaret's bag as a gift without her seeing it. Margaret gets arrested for shoplifting. Jed gives away everything he's supposed to sell because it's Christmas. He tells the manager he'll pay for it. Drysdale and Margaret go to the Clampetts for Christmas dinner. Jethro as Santa gets stuck in the chimney while trying to bring Margaret her presents. Everyone turns to the camera and sings "We Wish You A Merry Christmas." 
            The manager was played by James Millhollin who played the army psychiatrist in No Time For Sergeants on Broadway and in the movie. He was a distinctive character actor who had supporting roles in many plays, movies and TV series. He played a criminal lawyer on an episode of Batman. 


            For the eighth night in a row I found no bedbugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment