Tuesday 7 March 2023

March 7, 1993: My daughter wouldn't kiss me goodbye


Thirty years ago today 

            On Sunday my daughter got me up at 7:30. She didn't like what I heated up for her for breakfast but she enjoyed the toast with peanut butter and the date-nut squares. We painted some more. She wanted to take a bath but I persuaded her to go out first. We went sliding until she was tired and then we came back and played in the tub. She went to sleep at 13:45. While she was down I managed to clean up a bit and got some listing done. She got up after 17:00 and I gradually got her ready to go but we didn't leave until 19:00 or so. She wanted to take the big plastic train engine that I kept her toy soldiers in but I persuaded her to just take her toy shovel. She played with an older girl on the bus and when we crossed the park to her mother's house she pointed at lights. She wouldn't kiss me goodbye when I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment