Tuesday 7 March 2023

John Considine


            On Monday morning I memorized the first verse of "Sorry Angel" by Serge Gainsbourg and made some changes to my translation. 
            I weighed 85.4 kilos before breakfast, which is the heaviest I've been in the morning in a few weeks. 
            I sent the handout for tomorrow's presentation to my professor. 
            I weighed 84.5 kilos before lunch. 
            I took a bike ride to Bloor and Bathurst.
            I weighed 84.3 kilos at 17:00, which is the lightest I've been at that time in about a week. 
            I got an email from my professor telling me that I got the whole concept of our handouts wrong. Parisa and I were required to collaborate but we worked on entirely separate arguments. We were supposed to email the professor one handout. I spent more than an hour editing our two presentations down to a page each and I moved Parisa's point about monsters to the top of hers. I sent the revised handout to her and asked if she could agree that Victor Frankenstein represents society. If she can make changes to her points and just add that this is Victor representing society it may look more like a collaboration. 
            Parisa and I batted our handout back and forth several times and arrived at something we could agree on. This wouldn't have been as frustrating if Parisa hadn't waited until tonight to show me her part. It didn't help that I misunderstood what the professor expected from the start. Based on the other presentations I'd heard in our class, I didn't notice they were really collaborative when two students presented on the same day. Even the example that the professor sent us as a guide wasn't collaborative. It was just two different presentations on the same page. I worked before and after dinner and I sent the finished handout in to the professor at 22:00. Hopefully it's okay. 
            I had the good parts of three potatoes with gravy while watching season 5, episode 20 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            Granny has gotten a phone call from Pearl back home saying the Crowfoot are attacking Jed's property. She's gathered up all the weapons and she wants to go home and fight. Jed doesn't believe it and calls Luke Short at the general store in Bug Tussle. He says he hasn't seen any Indians. 
            Meanwhile at the Commerce Bank Jane tells Drysdale that there is a minor property dispute over Jed's land with the Crowfoot. Their chief is coming to Beverly Hills to discuss it with Jed. Drysdale doesn't want Jed and the chief to meet because knowing Jed he'd just give him all his land.
            Jane goes to pick up Chief Running Wolf and his son Little Fox at the airport. They are both wearing business suits with no Crowfoot cultural apparel and are college graduates with short hair. They are extremely well spoken. The chief is a Rhodes scholar and owns several banks as well as other businesses. She brings them to meet Drysdale and he has gone full cultural appropriation. He is wearing red-face, a feathered headdress and some pretend deerskin First Nations costume and he's banging on a drum. He calls himself Chief Straight Tongue and speaks to the chief and his son in broken English, offering them several cheap gifts instead of dirty white man's oil. 
            The chief and his son go to their hotel and Jed and Jethro meet them there. Running Wolf and Jed work out an amicable agreement although we are not told what it consists of. Meanwhile Drysdale wants to make Granny happy so she arranges for some actors to pretend to be Indians and attack the Clampett mansion. Drysdale puts blanks in Granny's shotgun and has some of the actors fall off their horses. After the battle John Wayne shows up and Granny asks him where he was when she needed him. 
            Little Fox was played by John Considine, who co-wrote the Robert Altman film, "A Wedding". He made guest appearances on a large number of TV series. He starred in the movie "Doctor Death: Seeker of Souls". He co-starred in "Buffalo Bill and the Indians", "Circle of Power", and "Endangered Species". He was a regular on three soap operas, including The Young and the Restless. 


            For the third night in a row I found no bedbugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment