Wednesday 29 March 2023

March 29, 1993: I woke up too late to catch the train that would get me to Oakville on time for work


Thirty years ago today

           On Monday I woke up at 6:40 so I knew I was going to be late getting to Sheridan College in Oakville. I was out of the door in five minutes and caught the bus to the subway but, just as I thought, I was too late to catch the GO Train to Oakville that would have gotten me there on time. I had to wait for the 7:43 train and so I left a message on Warren's machine. When I got there I found that they hadn't needed me for the time I'd been absent anyway because they were doing critiques. I worked until 11:00 and then from 12:00 to 14:00 followed by another hour off. During that break I waited to talk with Warren about more bookings but he was too busy before I started my 15:00 to 18:00 class. Homer the instructor seemed either really sick or else he was fasting. He claimed that the class ended at 18:10 but didn't say that until 18:00 and so I missed the 18:30 train back to Toronto and had to wait an hour. When I got back I took the Queen car home.

No comments:

Post a Comment