Wednesday 22 March 2023

March 22, 1993: I tried to change my name to get a phone but was told I needed picture id and a $100 deposit


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday I wrote this on a break while working at the Ontario College of Art's Stuart Building. It was the last day of a sitting pose. I was thinking that before going to work at George Brown College that afternoon I would go over to Bell Canada to try again to convince them to hook up a line for me. So I went over there but they wouldn't let me talk to anyone face to face because all interviews were done by phone. Anyway I got no results. I tried to change my name to order a phone but now one needed picture id and a $100 deposit. I worked from 15:00 to 18:00 at George Brown and then I headed home. I started eating protein again. I guess because of depression over my phoneless situation I bought some Tofutti.

No comments:

Post a Comment