Saturday 4 March 2023

March 4, 1993: I bought deep fried mung beans and they weren't bad


Thirty years ago today 

            On Thursday I got to West Toronto Secondary School a little after 9:00. I posed until around 10:15 and I didn't have to work again until 12:45, so I went up to Bloor Street and got some groceries. Then I came back to the teacher's lounge and made some calls. I read the paper and then Dania came in with her lunch. We talked with a dumb English History teacher. We worked until 14:00 and were going to continue with me posing until 15:15 but she decided to let the kids work on something else and so I left. I walked along Bloor looking for a snack and I found deep fried mung beans in a bag like potato chips. They weren't bad. On my way home on the Main bus, Tom Smarda chanced to get on at Gerrard and so he came over to my place for tea. After doing some developing in the darkroom, I left for work at around 18:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment