Thursday 30 March 2023

March 30, 1993: I had three minutes to catch my train so I had to jump in front of people at the ticket window


Thirty years ago today 

            I didn't have to be at Sheridan College in Oakville until 9:00 and so I went for the 7:43 GO Train. But I had to buy a one-way ticket because I didn't have enough on me for the return, there was such a big line-up at the bank machine, and I had three minutes to catch my train. I had to step in front of some people in order to get my ticket on time. The Sheridan campus in Brampton was much more relaxed than the one in Oakville. I went to Oakville Place at lunchtime, cashed my cheque and bought some roast potatoes, some Cool Whip and a McDonald's pie. The teacher split at 14:00 and when I took a break at 14:30 all the students left. So I walked to the GO Station and caught the 15:30 train. I called Mike Copping and met him later on downtown. We talked a while and drove a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment