Monday 20 March 2023

March 20, 1993: As soon as I came to pick her up my daughter ran for her coat and handed it to me


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday I worked from 9:00 to 12:00 for Ross Mendez at the Ontario College of Art's Stuart Building. I learned he was retiring and so I probably wouldn't be working for him again. I would miss him though I didn't know him well because he was my favourite OCA teacher. Right after work I headed up to Scarborough to get my daughter. It was snowing and my runners got soaked on the way. My daughter was the first person I saw when I came through the door. She immediately ran to get her coat and handed it to me. We played outside for quite a while before I finally got her across the playing field to Bamburgh Plaza. We shopped at Miracle Mart where I bought her some cashews. She fell asleep on the bus about ten minutes before we reached the subway. She slept for about two and a half hours and wouldn't eat much when she woke up other than a little bread with peanut butter and banana. She was cranky so I took her back to her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment