Friday 31 March 2023

March 31, 1993: Susana Wald made me an avocado sandwich


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I got up at around 6:00 and got to Susana Wald's house at 7:30. She made me an avocado sandwich and after breakfast we loaded a couple of heavy things onto her van. Then we headed for her storage unit and took a load up in the elevator. But then she realized that she'd forgotten her key and so we had to wait until 9:30 for the office to open. We were finished in no time, then she gave me a cheque for $45 and drove me to the Pape subway station. I caught the Don Mills bus to Don Mills Centre to pick up my daughter from Nancy but she was an hour late. My daughter and I explored a toy store for a while and then we headed for my place. We shopped at the fruit market and she picked out some okra and fava beans. I cooked the beans and she ate some of them. Later we went to the Sheppard subway station to meet her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment