Friday 3 March 2023

March 3, 1993: The experimental arts teacher was glad to see me reading Jack Kerouac


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I worked for the second week of my three week pose for sculpture. It was a little harder to hold this time, I guessed because all of the other standing poses I'd been doing were taking their toll on my left leg. I had to work that evening in studio 210 and so I didn't bother going home. I just went up to studio 352 and sat in an easy chair on the stage. I made some notes on Jack Kerouac's On the Road, and then took a nap until the night class teacher for came in at about 18:40 to set up the stage. I went out to buy some fruit and then waited outside studio 210 for the other class to finish. Ross Mendez was always enthusiastic and impressed by my work. That studio was my favourite room to work in. He was glad to see I was reading Jack Kerouac.

No comments:

Post a Comment