Wednesday 15 March 2023

March 15, 1993: The Bell rep said if I could find someone to be liable for the $300 security deposit I could get my phone back


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday I worked for the Ontario College of Art in the Stuart Building on the first three hours of a six hour pose for Diane Pugen. I called Bell Canada from a phone booth to plead with them and they said they'd lower the security deposit from $600 to $300. I asked to talk to someone else and that other person told me that I could get a Bell customer to be liable for the $300 for a period of six months until I'd proven I could pay my bill. I called Mike Copping and Tom Smarda but they didn't have phones. Tom said he would talk to the guy he was living with. I called Nancy and she was pissed off that I would ask, but grudgingly said she'd ask her parents. I called Michael Jansen and he said he would talk with his wife about it. I worked that night at OCA and I asked Connie, the model coordinator but she said no.

No comments:

Post a Comment