Friday 31 March 2023

Cake


           On Thursday morning I didn't sleep very well because of having drunk coffee for the first time in a month. I must have slept a little because I dreamed of white cake with chocolate frosting. The recipe was somehow connected to my research for the upcoming test and there was a song: "Everybody loves to have a little cake / Everybody loves to have a little fun." 
            I memorized the third verse of "De velours et de soie" (The Silk and the Velvet) by Boris Vian. That's half the song. 
            I memorized the chorus and the first verse of "I'm the Boy" by Serge Gainsbourg. 
            I weighed 83.8 kilos before breakfast, which is the lightest I've been in the morning in eleven days. It's weird because I felt so heavy. 
            I worked for over an hour on my essay, just editing bits and pieces here and there. I only have a little more than eight pages and I need at least ten. 
            I weighed 83.8 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride to Bloor and Bathurst and I stopped at Freshco on the way home. I bought five bags of grapes, three packs of raspberries, a bunch of bananas, a jug of orange juice, salsa, and a can each of black beans and kidney beans. I looked for salt but all they had on the salt shelf was course sea salt, course kosher salt, and pickling salt. But I checked the international foods section and found some free flowing Greek sea salt. My cashier was new and being trained by another more experienced cashier and so she took a long time on every item. I wasn't in a hurry anyway and she had to learn sometime. 
            I weighed 83.1 kilos at 17:30, which is the lightest I've been at that time this year. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:30. 
            I worked on my essay for over an hour, making mostly minor changes, and I didn't make it more than one line longer. I also did some research for next Tuesday's test but that wasn't very fruitful either.
            I had a salad of avocadoes, the last of my tomatoes, cucumber, scallion, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, and balsamic vinaigrette while watching season 6, episode 14 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            Colonel Blake comes to visit the Clampetts about Jethro taking his aptitude test before joining the army reserves. Granny confronts him about attacking the Culpepper plantation because she still thinks it was a real battle between the South and the North. Jed doesn't want Blake to tell Granny that it was just a movie rehearsal and so he tells her that General Grant ordered the charge. Granny wants him to prove it and so Blake goes to get the actor who plays Grant. At first the fake Grant doesn't want to do it until he hears about Granny having a quarter of Jed's wealth, which amounts to about $15 million. He comes over to court Granny but then he is distracted by Elly May and so Granny flips him into the pool.
            Allowances are made for Jethro's limited education and he passes the reserve test. Blake swears him in. Then the fake General Grant shows up and he and Blake discuss the Civil War movie. Jethro hears them talking about attacking the Culpepper plantation again and he goes home to tell Granny. Granny goes there with a squirrel gun and shoots Grant off his horse again. 
            Twenty-seven days without seeing a bedbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment