Tuesday 28 March 2023

March 28, 1993: My daughter began screaming because her mother was wearing a facial mask


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday my daughter woke up and cried at around 6:00 but went back to sleep. We both got up at 9:00 and she was in a good mood. She ate corn flakes with soymilk and strawberries; and toast with soy lecithin and peanut butter. We painted for a while, then danced, and played with tools. When she wanted to play in the tub, but since I'd just changed her, I persuaded her to want to go outside instead. So we played in the playground and then we went into the nature trail. She seemed to be getting sleepy and my feet were getting wet and so we headed back. But she didn't go to sleep and was still awake at 15:00 when it was time to take her back to her mother, so I started getting her ready. When I called Nancy from the bus stop there was no answer but I headed up there anyway figuring that she had to be home soon. But when I got to Bamburgh Circle and called again there was still no answer. I took her to Playland but she didn't want to stay long. She shit her pants and I had no diaper so I called Nancy again and this time her mother finally answered the phone but she told me that Nancy wouldn't be back for a couple of hours. We got on the bus and rode down to the subway and back. My daughter fell asleep at around 18:30. I went and called again but Nancy still wasn't back, so I got on the same bus and went down and back again with her still sleeping. She woke up just as we returned to Bamburgh. I called and Nancy was home but said she couldn't talk because she had some sort of facial mask on. I carried my daughter over to the house but Nancy still wasn't ready. I went down to her Apolonia's aesthetics office and confronted Nancy there. The baby was scared because her mother didn't move her face. She wanted me to hold her and she was screaming. Then we changed her and she had a big rash from sleeping in her shit for so long, which was causing her pain. I was there until 22:00 and my daughter didn't want me to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment