Tuesday 18 May 2021

Coughensive Behaviour


            On Monday morning I finished working out the chords for “Aux armes et caetera" (To Arms Etcetera) by Serge Gainsbourg, but when I ran through it in French I made some chord changes. 
            I weighed 90.1 kilos before breakfast. 
            After song practice I spent more than an hour digitally repairing the photo I took of my daughter the day she was born. After that I tried to put Astrid's picture together with the photo of her mother Nancy from a day or so before that when she was fully pregnant. But every time I tried it Paint wouldn't let me do it. I tried restarting my computer a couple of times but that didn't work. I tried resizing the photos to 90%, then 80%, then 75%. Finally at 70% I was able to put the pictures together and by then it was almost lunch time. I’ve never had much of a problem making double images out of the photos I take with my Kodak. But I notice now that the images that are made by the negative scanner are twice as big as those from the Kodak. 
            I weighed 89 kilos before lunch. I had kettle chips, salsa and yogourt with a glass of orange juice. 
            In the afternoon I went for a bike ride. As I stepped out of my building an old man was walking towards me and coughing with his mouth a wide circle. I curved a detour as far around him as I could.
            It was warm enough outside to wear shorts but I didn’t because it’s still fairly cool in my apartment. I rode to Yonge and Bloor and weighed 88.9 kilos when I got back. 
            I worked on my poem series “My Blood in a Bug.” 
            I imported six video files of electrical cords into my Movie Maker project of mixing lightning, snakes and cords. I deleted some, kept some as they are and edited some. I have six more files to convert from MOV to MP4 and I’ll do them all tomorrow if Cloudconvert lets me. 
            I rubbed a pork loin half centre and sirloin with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic pepper and herbs, rosemary and thyme. I roasted it with onions cooking in drippings at the bottom of the pan and added beef broth. I had a slice with a potato and some gravy. The pork turned out excellently and it was very satisfying. While eating dinner I watched two episodes of Andy Griffith. 
            In the first story Bee rediscovers the antique pin that belonged to her Aunt Martha, who wasn’t really her aunt but rather her grandmother's best friend. Later she loses the pin and so Andy calls his insurance agent. Bee doesn’t seem to understand the concept of insurance because even though they’ve been paying the premiums she feels uncomfortable with taking money from an insurance company. The agent wants to upgrade Andy’s policy and is very disappointed about having to pay out a claim. Bee is awarded $275 and buys a new garbage disposal but then later finds the pin in the pocket of her painting smock. She is very upset because they can’t afford to pay back the claim. Andy calls the agent and is about to tell him what happened when Goober and Warren are fighting in the kitchen over who gets to hold the pin and it is destroyed by the new garbage disposal. So now the claim is still valid after all.
            In the second story a talking promoter named Fred Gibson brings his wild west show to Mayberry and his main draw is a man he claims is a direct descendant of Wyatt Earp. Despite the fact that he is skinny, short and wears glasses, Clarence Earp turns out to be able to do all Gibson claims he can do. He beats the bigger Warren at arm wrestling, he beats Goober at wrestling and can do all the other tricks one would expect of a wild west show star. But after Gibson tells Opie and his friends that the man who can fight is the man that’s right, they take it to heart and get violent. Andy calls Gibson and Earp in to his office to give them a talking to. But when Andy makes light of the Earp name, Clarence challenges Andy to a duel at high noon. Since Andy gets the choice of weapons he chooses to fight with a book about the descendants of Wyatt Earp. He shows Clarence that there is no one named Clarence in the book. Gibson is forced to confess to Clarence that he made it all up. When Clarence asks who he really is Gibson hesitates and then declares that he’s a descendant of the boxer Jack Dempsey. He then starts a whole new show featuring Clarence Dempsey, taking on all challengers.
            This was the final appearance of Jack Burns as Warren Ferguson. From this point on The Andy Griffith Show had no permanent deputy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment