Thursday 6 May 2021

May 6, 1991: Foreplay Magazine published my story but said it was by "Jack in Toronto". I was pissed off and gave them an ultimatum


Thirty years ago today 

            I got up on Monday between 10:30 and 11:00. I went to the supermarket for butter and when I came back I had coffee, toast and cereal for breakfast. 
            I puttered around all day cleaning up and working on projects including that collage. 
            Foreplay Magazine came in the mail and the stories I sent them were published but not in my name. One was by "Jack in Toronto" and the other was by "Norm in Hamilton." I was really pissed off. I left a message for Beth that if they wanted to run any more of my stuff they would have to use my real name and also would need to issue a short note indication that my previous submissions were not by Jack and Norm but by me. 
            Nancy came over at around 18:00 and we went for a walk. 
            I started a new collage. 
            I decided I needed to clean up more.

No comments:

Post a Comment