Friday 28 May 2021

May 28, 1991: We took the baby outside for the first time and she slept on my lap for a long while


Thirty years ago today
 
            I wasn't scheduled to work on Tuesday but I got a call around 10:00 to go to a job that was a ten minute walk from Nancy's parents' house. I met Gary and Paul at 175 Bamburgh and we moved a couple to Pickering. We finished at around 18:00 and each got a $20 tip. 
            Paul dropped me back at Bamburgh Plaza. I bought some sandwich stuff and two milkshakes and took them back to Nancy's parents' place. 
            Nancy and I took the baby outside for the first time. We walked her around in the shade but the sunlight was inescapable and it seemed to annoy her. Nancy fed her outside and then she slept on my lap for a long time. She was sweating like crazy though so I took the blankets off. 
            Later I finished my beer with a sandwich and Nancy's sister Susan rented Annie Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment