Friday 7 May 2021

May 7, 1991: Nancy ate my Rum and Butter bar as well as the Bounty bar she'd asked for. When I complained she said, "Them's the breaks"


Thirty years ago today 

            On Tuesday I didn't have to be at work until noon and so I went up to the supermarket first to get some stuff. Nancy had asked me to buy her a Bounty bar and so I picked up a Rum and Butter for myself as well. 
            I was about to leave for work when Wayne called to tell me to be there an hour later. So I worked on a project for a while before heading out. 
            It was a short job downtown at the Solicitor General's office at 90 Harbour Street and we were done by 16:30. 
            When I got home Nancy was still there. She told me that she'd eaten my Rum and Butter bar. At first I accepted it because she was pregnant and had cravings but when I mentioned that I didn't have a lot of money for things like that she said, "Them's the breaks."

No comments:

Post a Comment