Friday 21 May 2021

May 21, 1991: Tuesday was my first time outside of Nancy's parents' house since Friday when the baby was born


Thirty years ago today

            Tuesday was my first time outside of Nancy's parents' house since I got there at 3:00 on Friday to help deliver my baby. I went to the job site at 75 Brown's Line. Roy was already there and greeted me with, "Hi pop!" He'd heard about the baby from Wayne after I'd called to tell him on Friday. 
            It turned out the job was postponed but we had to clarify that and while we were waiting we chatted for half an hour about parenthood, free trade and Canadian multiculturalism. 
            He drove me to Kipling Station. I stopped off at my old place to check the mail and then I went to Revenue Canada to check on my return. It still hadn't been processed. 
            I went home and worked on some projects, then I bought a six-pack and headed back up to Scarborough. I bought some chicken at Bamburg Plaza and then went back to Nancy and our baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment