Sunday 2 May 2021

May 2, 1991: She asked me to be a part time father. I thought if only one of us would be a single parent it should be me


Thirty years ago today

            I was on the job site for 9:00 on Thursday but I had to wait a while for Donny and Dave. We didn't start until noon. There was a big upright piano that Gary and Paul came for separately but we had to help them wrestle it down three floors and six flights of stairs. We finished the move at around 18:00 and Dave dropped me off at St Clair station. 
            Nancy was there when I got home. We were about to go out for burgers when we had a discussion and she confessed that she didn't want to live with me. She asked me if I would mind being only a part time father. We talked about it all night and she had me very confused. She seemed so sure of what she wanted and yet her behaviour had been so irrational lately that I couldn't accept her confidence as real. If only one of us was going to be a single parent I thought it should be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment