Monday 10 May 2021

May 10, 1991: Foreplay Magazine told me my poem might be offensive to transvestites


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday morning I tried to make love to Nancy but she wouldn't let me. I got frustrated and started masturbation so she intervened and gave me a hand job. I met Jim and Billy on location in Scarborough. We moved a couple to Oshawa but we didn't get a tip. Billy dropped me off at Scarborough Town Centre. 
            I phoned my place but Nancy wasn't there. I caught the subway to Victoria Park station and then the Kingston Road bus. I walked from Kingston Road to Queen and saw Nancy getting off the streetcar. 
            I called Beth at Foreplay Magazine and she told me that she couldn't use the story that I'd sent her because it was continued. She also said the prose piece might have been offensive to transvestites. She told she would print a correction about my name in the next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment