Sunday 30 May 2021

May 30, 1991: It was the longest house move I'd ever been on but I got a case of beer as a tip


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I had to be at Don Mills and Steeles for 10:00. I had trouble finding the street but then I saw Bill and Calvin coming in the truck. It took us six hours to load and then we went for lunch. I had a carton of Haagen Dazs and fresh orange juice. I called Nancy and she asked me to buy some Ivory Snow. We finished the job at 11:30 and it was one of the longest house moves I'd ever been on, but we each got a case of twelve beers for a tip. I got a ride to Steeles and caught the bus back to Nancy's parents' place. Nancy was awake, her sister Susan was on the phone and the baby was sleeping. I was thinking of naming her "Christian." I managed to clean myself a bit and after drinking two 7-Ups I pretty much went straight to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment