Monday 24 May 2021

May 24, 1991: Nancy clawed my face and left three bloody scratches


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday night Nancy called me to the kitchen after we'd changed the still nameless baby and asked me to stop answering the door and the telephone. When I told her she was going too far she got frustrated and went to claw my chest. She had earlier hit me twice and clawed my face leaving three bloody scratches and so this time I slapped her back and told her not to do it again. She asked me to take the baby before she became attached. 
            There was no work on Friday and so I was free to help Nancy with the baby but she seemed to want to do everything by herself. I had the sense that she was frustrated and maybe even resentful of the fact that I'd been working and leaving her alone, even though her mother was there most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment