Saturday 15 May 2021

May 15, 1991: The customer had beer for us after we unloaded and I took three home


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday at 9:00 I was half an hour late to the job site at Bathurst and Steeles. Dave, Gary and I loaded the truck with the contents of a two bedroom apartment. At the other end there was beer for us and I took home three. We finished at 14:30. 
            I got home at 15:30 and there was a note from Mike Copping. It said he'd come by three times to see if this was my new place. He even spied on Nancy through the window but wasn't sure it was her. 
            I shaved and did some cleaning up, then I called Mike and he said he'd come over on Thursday.
            When I left for work again I couldn't find my front door key and because of the time I spent looking for it I was half an hour late to the Madison Centre. We loaded the truck there and unloaded at Jane and Finch, finishing around midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment