Thursday 20 May 2021

May 20, 1991: We could tell when the baby was hungry because she would begin smacking her lips


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday Nancy's parents went to Hamilton and her sister Susan went to the Scarborough Bluffs with some friends, so we had pretty well the whole day alone with the baby. 
            I'd started to get into a rhythm for getting everything clean and ready to use for cleaning the baby. We washed her with only water and rubbed her body with almond oil. She loved it and never cried. 
           We were only using cloth diapers over and under her for the time being and we slept with her naked. 
           We knew when she was hungry because she would begin to smack her lips. 
           Susan had been good enough to go down to my place on Saturday to get me my glasses and some rolls of film and so we'd been taking pictures. 
           I found out I'd be working on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment