Tuesday 11 May 2021

May 11, 1991: I sold flowers until after midnight when I found out the driver had forgotten me and I had to take the bus home


Thirty years ago today

            I got up at 6:15 on Saturday and headed down to Cash and Carry to sell flowers for Mothers Day weekend. After the usual wait and hassle I got sent out to Weston Road and Jane Street. I was there until after midnight when some people from the company came to get the money and told me that the driver had forgotten about me. I made about $100 but they didn't have the paperwork and so they just gave me $50 for then and said I could get the rest at the office on Sunday. I had to catch two buses to: Jane to Bloor and then Bloor to Victoria Park where I found the south bound buses weren't running, so I had to take a cab home, which cost me $6 including the tip. I cleaned up and went straight to bed. 
            I called Nancy several times during the day to make sure she was okay. She was four days overdue with still no sign of going into labour.

No comments:

Post a Comment