Thursday 27 May 2021

May 27, 1991: Nancy asked me to stop playing Vanity because she thought she had a negative effect on our baby


Thirty years ago today 

            On Monday I worked down at Spadina and St Clair loading that job that had been postponed last Wednesday. We moved the customer to Yonge and Summerhill and finished at 16:00. Dave gave me a ride to St Clair Station. 
            I had some ice cream at Bloor and picked up a milkshake and a Coke. 
            I got back to Nancy's parents' place at around 18:00 and found that Nancy had gone for a walk. When she got back I was playing my Vanity tape and she asked me to turn it off because she thought it was having a negative effect on the baby. I said I disagreed and argued that music with a beat is dance music and to slight it is to slight dancing. She got angry and frustrated because she had no argument. She grabbed my head and I raised my hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment