Thursday 12 August 2021

August 12, 1991: I told Nancy if she could be ready and out the door in half an hour I'd buy her dinner. She was out of bed like a shot


Thirty years ago today 

             On Monday morning I wanted Nancy and the baby to come downtown with me but Nancy was in bed and not sure if she wanted to go. So I made a bet with her that she couldn't be out of the door in half an hour and that if I was wrong I would buy her dinner. She was out of bed like a shot and made it too! I thought that if her parents ever found out that she was capable of that she would be lost.  
            We went first to my place where I did some cleaning up and worked on a few projects. Then we went to a Greek restaurant. We each had chicken souvlaki and sangria and I had caviar dip. 
            We walked up Woodbine and caught the bus back to Nancy's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment