Monday 23 August 2021

August 23, 1991: The elevator was small so a lot of stuff had to go down six flights of stairs


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday morning I met Dave and Gary at 45 Spadina. It took us five or six hours to load the little truck because the elevator was small and a lot of stuff had to go down six flights of stairs. It was after 15:00 by the time we got down to Market Square. Dave and Gary grabbed hot dogs on the way but I wanted to have a real lunch at Chi Chi's. I started to help them unload and to carry the stuff in very long walks down two hallways. I went and got take-out at Chi Chi's but it wasn't very good. We were finished at around 18:00. 
            I started towards my place but suddenly felt very tired, so I got off the Queen streetcar at Broadview and took the King car to the subway and headed for Nancy's place. I went to bed almost right away with my clothes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment