Wednesday 11 August 2021

Yvonne Lime


            On Tuesday morning I worked out the chords for the first line of the chorus of "La java des chaussettes à clous" (The Dance of the Studded Stockings) by Boris Vian. 
            I also worked out the chords for the chorus of "Démodé" (Out of Style) by Serge Gainsbourg.
            I weighed 90.2 kilos before breakfast. 
            In the late morning I scraped the black from another side of my square baking pan. There's one more side and the bottom left and I think I should be able to finish it tomorrow. Then I can start cleaning my two muffin pans. 
            I weighed 89.4 kilos before lunch.
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride to Yonge and Bloor. On my way down Yonge, between Queen and Richmond I was passing a parked car when a big truck came barrelling past very close to me so I was riding in a very dangerous corridor until he passed. He was stopped at the light at Richmond and before heading west I thought about asking him through his open window if he was trying to kill someone, but decided not to bother. 
            I weighed 89.3 kilos when I got home.
            I worked on the poem "The Odour" from my series "My Blood In A Bug." 
            I imported the video clip that I'd cropped from "American Horror Story" into the main video I'm making for my song "Instructions For Electroshock Therapy." I put it at the end of the timeline and trimmed everything but the strapping down of the victim. I inserted it into the video where it would correspond with me singing, "We'll strap their legs and their arms" in the studio audio. I trimmed a little more of it so it wouldn't overlap with me singing after that line "for shock therapy." Then I cut out the part of the concert video when I sing "we'll strap their legs and their arms" so that I can re-synchronize the concert video with the studio recording at the point where I sing "for shock therapy." I'll fine tune it tomorrow. 
            I colourized three more damage spots in my "Anti Gravity's Rainbow" photo. 
            I finished digitally repairing a photo of my baby daughter from 1991 and started on another of her breast feeding. 
            I had a potato with gravy and my last two pork chops while watching two episodes of Gomer Pyle. In the first story Gomer runs into Sergeant Carter in a restaurant and learns that he's thinking of quitting the marines. He just got stood up and it's made him think that women have no respect for Marine sergeants. He has an opportunity to join the Annaheim Police Force starting as a motorcycle cop and he doesn't think women stand up bike cops. Gomer is concerned that Carter wants to leave and he believes the rest of the platoon will feel the same way. Her takes Carter back to the base and announces Carter's intentions to the other men but they all start cheering. Later however the men decide that they are used to Carter and that a new sergeant could be worse, so they plot to keep him. They talk an attractive Marine named Sally into going on a date with Carter to help change his mind. She has a boyfriend who's in the Marines but he's away for a few days. But during the date Sally's sergeant boyfriend comes back early and he punches Carter. The next day Carter's time is up and he's officially out of the Marines and wearing his civilian clothes. He goes to say goodbye to his platoon but they begin to insult and mock him. He storms away in anger and a few minutes later he returns. They, especially Duke, badmouth him again and Duke calls him a fat head. Carter reveals that he's just reenlisted and they all come to attention but with smiles on their faces as he yells at them. 
            Sally was played by Yvonne Lime, whose first screen gig was a recurring role on "Father Knows Best". She co-starred in "I Was A Teenage Werewolf." She starred in "High School Hellcats" and "Dragstrip Riot." She costarred with Ronnie Burns in the sitcom "Happy" and also had a recurring role on the George Burns and Gracie Allen Show. She married Don Fedderson, the producer of "The Millionaire", "My Three Sons" and "Family Affair" and then retired from acting. She and fellow actor Sara O'Meara founded International Orphans Inc. They built four orphanages in Japan and five in Vietnam, along with a hospital and a school. Later they changed their organization to Child Help USA and focused on helping underpriveleged and abused children. She and O'Meara were nominated five times for the Nobel Peace Prize. 




            In the second story Gomer has trouble fighting his buddies during bayonette practice. Carter announces that there will be a competition with another platoon and he expects all of his men to win. Later on liberty Gomer meets another Marine named Branch Eversol who happens to be from North Carolina like him from a town not far from Mayberry. They hit it off very well and become fast friends, but later when Gomer runs into sergeant Carter and Branch hears Carter call Gomer by the last nnme "Pyle", Branch tells Gomer that the Pyles and the Eversolls have been feuding for seventy five years. Branch doesn't know what to do and so he calls his father who tells him he has to kill the Pyle. On the day off the competition it turns out that the other platoon is the one Branch belongs to. Gomer moves over so that he and Branch will be fighting and Gomer arranges for Branch to "kill" him so that he'll be tagged as dead. Branch calls his father to announce that he's killed the Pyle but his father doesn't believe him and so Gomer gets on the phone to confirm that Branch killed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment