Friday 13 August 2021

August 13, 1991: It was my first day back at work since I'd fractured my ankle a month before


Thirty years ago today

            Tuesday was my first day back at work since I'd fractured my ankle a month before. I had to be down at Davisville and Yonge for 10:00. Paul, John Bylo and a couple of other guys were there but we didn't do the job because it was postoned. First of all it was delayed because the elevator had broken down, but even after it was fixed we were sent away for undisclosed reasons. It was some problem that the customer had with the leasing company. 
            I went home and worked on assessing the Eerie comic that I'd bought on Friday. It was better than I'd thought it would be. I didn't finish it before heading back to Nancy and the baby. 
            I called Mike Copping and he was still having problems. He and his wife Cathy had been told by a nurse to exercise their son Noah's broken leg, but when they took him to the doctor he asked, "Why'd you do that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment