Saturday 28 August 2021

August 28, 1991: It would be a Gwen Jacob inspired lawn sale and anyone that came topless would get half off


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday morning I worked with Dave moving a couple who were both seperating from their spouses and moving in together. We finished at around 14:00 and I went to my place. I made up some posters for my lawn sale. I referred to it as a Gwen Jacob inspired lawn sale and said that anyone who comes topless would get everything half off. I went to the library to make copies but then I had to rewrite them to fit the copier. I bought a staple gun and went to visit Marcus who was in a frazzle over getting packed to go back to England. I went out and put up some of my posters, then I went to my place and got a book by Leonard Cohen and another by George Gurdjieff and brought them back to Marcus as going away presents. Tom Smarda and I went for a beer and he told me he was leaving town tomorrow because the city made him neurotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment