Monday 16 August 2021

August 16, 1991: I tore my support bandage and so the work was a bit of a strain on my ankle


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday morning I took the GO bus to John Street in Thornhill and walked east looking for the job site. I was pretty sure that Wayne had told me that the map reference was E-4 on page 102 but I couldn't find the street. I assumed that was because my Perly's was ten years old and that the street must be new. I'd walked halfway to Bayview before I realized that he'd said B-4 and that it was west of Yonge. I got there only shortly after Bill, his son and Tom had arrived. The customer had a pool and after the six hours it took to load the truck I took a swim. We went to McDonalds for lunch and then drove up to Unionville to unload. I tore my support bandage and so the work was a bit of a strain on my ankle. We were done after 22:00 and I had another swim. I got a ride to Steeles and Warden and walked to Nancy's place from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment