Friday 6 August 2021

August 6, 1991: When the cast came off the doc said I was fine and could go back to work if I wore a support bandage

Thirty years ago today

            I called the hospital on Tuesday morning about getting my walking cast off. I told the person that the plaster had been cutting into my foot and so I'd taken the bottom off. They said they'd repair it. I made an appointment for 13:30 and I was determined to make them remove and leave the thing off. I was there at 15:00 and a guy cut it off, then coincidentally the doc showed up and checked out my foot. He said I was fine and that I could go back to work on Monday if I wore an elastic support bandage. I went and got one. 
            I called Mike Copping and he told me that his son Noah got hit by a car, which broke his leg and so his daughter Rachel was in town with him. Plus at his place of work at John Vince Foods a shipment just came in that was infested with cockroaches. We couldn't get together. 
            I went to my place for a while and mopped all the floors. I was still cleaning out the basement of my building. 
            Nancy and her sister Susan went to see Robin Hood and took the baby with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment