Monday 9 August 2021

August 9, 1991: I cashed my Workmen's Comp cheque and bought a pair of pants at Stitches


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday I went downtown to cash my Workmen's Compensation cheque. Then I started looking for a pair of pants. I went to the Bay ... Puke! I went to Jacob's but they didn't sell men's clothes anymore. Le Chateau was better. South Pacific had something interesting. B Scene didn't have much. At Stitches I found a nice pair but I thought I'd look around. I walked all the way to Queen and Spadina where I bought Eerie #23. 


            I had lunch at X-Ray's, then I went back to Stitches and got the pants. I also bought some red and some black laces.
            I went back to my place and picked out the rest of my clothes for the wedding: two jackets, a white shirt and a tie. I brought some more stuff up from the basement and then headed back to Nancy's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment