Sunday 22 August 2021

August 22, 1991: I Worked alone all day playing with the forklift


Thirty years ago today 

            On Thursday I was at the shop at around 8:50. I worked alone all day playing with the forklift. I moved a bunch of stuff out of the way so I could get at the packing material and take it down from a shelf. I put it on skids and then moved it aside. Then I took down the racking. I stopped to help some guys load a truck and then I moved my stuff around and stacked it for better access. Then they brought me a trailer to load it all on. I put the furniture on first, then the racking and then the packing material. When it was three quarters full the night shift came in and accidentally hauled my trailer away. I had to complain to get them to move it back. I finished at around 20:00 and went to wash my shirt in the men's room. I practically took a bath from the sink before leaving. 
            I called Mike Copping but we couldn't get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment