Sunday 29 August 2021

August 29, 1991: Bill started calling me "Chris" to bug me. I warned him if he did it again I'd walk off the job. He did so I left


Thirty years ago today 

            On Thursday morning I worked with Paul loading the stuff of another gay couple. I found two turntables and a stack of architectural digests in their garbage. When we were done we took a swim and each got a $50 tip. I took the stuff that I'd found to Nancy's place and then I went to work again, this time at King and Spadina, where I was an hour late. The job was a small one and I was working the elevator. After a couple of hours Bill started calling me "Chris" just to bug me. I hate being called "Chris" and so I warned him that if he did it again I would walk off the job. I guess he thought that I was bluffing and so he did it again and I immediately left. Later Wayne called to ask me why I walked off the job. I explained my reasons and he told me that he would deal with Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment