Wednesday 25 August 2021

August 25, 1991: We were talking about sex and the redneck at the next table told us to put a sock in it so I spit at him


Thirty years ago today 

            On Sunday when I got up I called Marcus's place and Sue answered. I asked about us all getting together for a drink and she said they'd call back. A little later Tom Smarda called and we arranged to all meet at around 14:30. Nancy brought the baby and her sister Susan came as well. We met at Marcus's and then Tom, the baby, the girls and I went ahead of Marcus to The Lion On The Beach. We talked, took pictures of the baby and had something to eat, then Marcus arrived. 
            After three or four glasses of draft I started getting "that feeling" and so I ordered a coffee. We were discussing sexuality and Tom was getting loud and colourful. The people at the next table started making comments. Finally one of them said, "Put a sock in it!" I turned and asked, "Are you talking to us?" When the red headed redneck with the beard said "Yeah" for some reason I went "hock to" and spit at him. The guy was pissed off and wanted to fight but told me, "You're lucky I'm tired!" They and we got kicked out and barred. It was lucky that Marcus was going back to England because this was his favourite pub in the Beaches. 
            We went back to Marcus's place where he and Tom kept drinking. We listened to Marcus's home made music and I danced while holding the baby. For some reason relating to "tense vibes" she thought she was picking up Nancy wanted to take her from me and into the other room. I resented her emotional fascism of motherhood and refused to let her take the baby. Tom wanted to hold the baby and I let him because trusted him even though he'd been drinking. Nancy took her away from him and retreated to the other room. I was pissed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment