Friday 20 August 2021

August 20, 1991: Gino Scarpelli told me that despite being the guitarist for Goddo he only listened to classical music


Thirty years ago today 

            On Tuesday I was supposed to meet Gino Scarpelli at the shop for 9:00 but when I stopped at the donut shop at Keele and Steeles I saw Mike McDay there. He said he was waiting for a ride with Gary and so I stayed to get a lift as well. But then I found out that Gary didn't know he was picking Mike up, so we had to take the bus. We were half an hour late and Gino had been waiting for me. 
            Gino and I went first to the Ministry of Transportation in Brampton because he had some insurance problem to check out. Then we went to the new warehouse but there was no one there. We found Gino's new work area and one of the trailers containing his stuff but we couldn't get at it. We went for coffee and waited, then we called the shop but the delay turned into an hour and so I went for lunch. We didn't get started until just after noon and we worked until around 18:00. 
            Gino drove me to Islington Station and I found out that he was the lead guitarist for the band Goddo. I'd heard the name but wasn't familiar with their music. He surprised me when he told me that despite being a rock guitarist he only listened to classical music.



No comments:

Post a Comment